Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fetta and mint omelettes with crisp bacon

Serves: 4

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1½ tablespoons olive oil

8 slices thin bacon

12 eggs

¼ cup (60ml) water
s
alt and freshly ground black pepper

20g butter

4 green onions (green shallots), chopped finely

¼ cup fresh mint leaves

120g fetta cheese, crumbled

75g baby spinach leaves

Method

Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in medium frying pan; cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
Combine eggs, water, salt and pepper in a large bowl; beat lightly.
Heat a quarter of the butter and 1 teaspoon of oil in same pan. When butter is just bubbling, add a quarter of egg mixture to pan; sprinkle over a quarter of onion, mint and fetta. Cook over medium heat, tilting pan, until egg is just set. Slide omelette from pan and fold in half. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, egg and filling.
Serve omelettes immediately with spinach and bacon.



So that is the official way of doing it and of course that is not what I did. I added extra greeen onion, I poured all the mixture into the pan and made it into one omelette and then divided it into four, I put the spinach leaves into the omelette, I did not have any mint, so I left that out. I did not use any oil to cook the bacon - why would you.

No comments: